Friday, June 17, 2011

Brain mush - 17/06/2011


Sometimes all you need is a blast on a bike to blow out the mush in your brain from a really bad week. Sometimes - at the same time - you struggle to motivate yourself onto the bike in order to do so. 

What a week it's been (Herald Sun, pp 1-7, 38-39; The Age, pp 1-3).  All I needed tonight was a blast but oh how hard it was to get there!  Rather than curl up in a little ball under my desk, I dragged on the gear and hit the city on the Lynskey.  The cold night air refreshed and awoke me immediately, especially with the combination of compact pedestrians and peak-hour traffic through town.

When I got out to the Kew junction I felt a bit light and realised I had forgotten my back-pack with all my reading and study notes required for the weekend.  Sigh... back to the office I went.  This time through heavy city traffic, pouring rain and frivolous Friday night frolickers.

The rain put an end to the hour of inner city riding.  I bowed to the pressure of the mush and jumped in a warm car for the drive home... hoping for a slightly better week next week.


2 comments:

  1. well I was going to ask how PMDP went??? Have read your posts with interest - love your flower basket on your bike!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anyone reading this at a later date may be interested to know that this was the day Simon Overland resigned. A big day for my office!

    ReplyDelete