Tuesday, May 10, 2011

My poor pup - 9/05/2011


Jack and Emma

My gorgeous Emma has come down with Idiopathic Vestibular Syndrome.  Very Scary.  Last night when I got home to find her unable to stand up and constantly turning her head to the side, I thought she'd had a stroke and it might all be over.  Earlier she'd thrown up in her bed and couldn't even get up and walk away.

My children's first experience of grief was about to begin, or so I thought...  and I'm really not looking forwad to that one.

But the vet cleared it up by diagnosing the above.  Apparently it should improve after three days and completely clear by three weeks.

I hope so, because tonight she still seems as bad as ever. Can't walk, can't eat, drink, poo... anything! 

Geeez I hope she's okay.

So with my dog Emma sick, my workplace constantly in the headlines, study to do that I really don't want to do and children's sport and activities every night of the week - my 'winter' riding is already suffering.  I'd better get that trainer fixed or I'll end up a blimp by June.

3 comments:

  1. Rich,
    Its mum. Just read your news and was going to ring but saw how late it was. If you're still on the computer ring me.
    Mxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Richard - sorry to hear about your dog - at least she appears to have gotten the help and intervention needed - recovery doesn't happen overnight unfortunately - but look to the positive - it will happen. As for your study - get on with it - treat it like one of your bloody long bike rides - it's a challenge to be met - get it done and then relax :-) Best wishes - I assume you're doing PMDP whilst I'm away??
    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. But I LOVE riding - I HATE study! Yep... I'll be in Manly working my arse off while you're overseas having a ball. Don't think of me!

    ReplyDelete