Saturday, October 9, 2010

Back on the MTB... grouse mouse

I missed the mountain bike whilst in Noosa so it was great to get back on it in a big way this past week. The weeks riding?...

  • Monday - home via the Hoot of a Commute with a few extra loops thrown in - 2.5hrs MTB SS
  • Tuesday - Hurt box on the road bike with the 6amers - 75k 2hrs road bike SS
  • Wednesday - day off with Stu's 70th birthday (father-in-law) then headed out to Fattie's with a few extras before-hand - total 4hrs MTB SS with three hours hard
  • Thursday - home via the Hoot of a Commute - 2hrs MTB SS
  • Friday - into work via Hoot of a Commute - 2hrs MTB SS

An OMG what have I done moment this week. I entered the Warny. Not sure if I'm up to the hammer-time bit at the moment but I guess I'll find out next Saturday.

And two bike rebuilds:
  • a temp road-bike frame to get me through until the new model comes in in a few weeks time - need to rebuild that today so I can get out with the 6am-ers to Gembrook in the morning
  • a new Giant Anthem frame with full SRAM X9 2x10 group - in the shop at Cycleworks being built today - I went and visited and am pretty excited

Remembering the ideal number of bikes equation where the ideal number is n -

n = Current number of bikes + one

No comments:

Post a Comment