Wednesday, October 20, 2010

The truth revealed

The other real reason why Readie pulled out of the Melbourne to Warnambool Classic -



I'm a massive Kate Ceberano fan from way back so the choice for entertainment for the big do last Friday night was easy. Kate, Kate and more Kate from my point-of-view, however it did require some fast talking.

Amongst many other things, my running sheet for the night read -

"1950 - Attend Kate Ceberano's dressing room and ensure her needs are met."

Oh... OK! ------------- My fellow event organisers were looking after me nicely.

It finished up a fantastic night and everything - thank God - went to plan as we'd hoped.

As I carried all our gear out to the car and cleared the thick snow-like hail from the windscreen at 1.30 on Warny race morning, I couldn't help but think that I had made the correct decision to withdraw from the event. Only a few hours until the boys began their 8 hours of torture.

So there's next year. I'll make sure there are no clashes in 2011.

2 comments:

  1. I reckon Kate would look good in a 6amer top. Maybe you could organise her to provide entertainment for a Xmas breakfast ride.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great photo, Readie. Looking quite the crooner yourself.

    ReplyDelete