Monday, January 3, 2011

'Queen' of motivation - greatest hits

I thought this morning I'm gunna have myself a real good time (Queen - Don't stop me now - 1979) so I headed out to Smith's Gully for some lone laps of the Rob Roy loop. Some serious music was required in order to get me fired up after a big day yesterday.


Queen's Greatest Hits - remastered. That'll do it.

The legs were screaming but I was still absolutely appreciating where I was. Beautiful Australian bush so close to home and fantastic flowing single track.

Is this the real life?

Is this just fantasy?
Caught in a screaming technical descent,
No escape from reality. (Bohemian Rhapsody - 1975)

On my second loop of three I was flowing down the eastern side of the spur having an absolute ball when I get...

Don't stop me now I'm having such a good time

I'm having a ball don't stop me now
If you wanna have a good time just give me a call
Don't stop me now ('Cause I'm having a good time)
Don't stop me now (Yes I'm having a good time)
I don't want to stop at all (Don't stop me now - 1979)

- so I did another couple of loops. This track is awesome but there's one particular section that gets me every time -

Scaramouche, Scaramouche, I did the Fandango but survived. (Bohemian Rhapsody - 1975)
I finished with a coffee and muffin at my favourite general store.

When I got home to Karen, I tried this on -

I want to ride my bicycle 
I want to ride my bike 
I want to ride my bicycle 
I want to ride it where I like    (Bicycle Race - 1975)

- but it didn't quite work for some reason.

In my defence what is there to say
All the mistakes we made must be faced today 
It's not easy now knowing where to start
But you gotta admit it's pretty good for my heart.      (In my defence - 1992)  

And yes... if you're wondering, I do go a bit mad
when I ride on my own.

2 comments:

  1. for some reason, I'm picturing you in Freddy Mercury's get up in the video "I want to Break Free" http://media.tiscali.co.uk/images/galleries/motoring/top-driving-tunes/large/FreddieMercury.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha - always thought I should really be riding in leathers!

    ReplyDelete