Monday, January 31, 2011

Heart-swallowing Hoot of a Commute

This was supposed to be a photo of a 6 foot long tiger snake slithering away through the grass of the Yarra Flats after scaring the begeebers out of me.

Actually, it is a photo of a 6 foot long tiger snake slithering away through the grass of the Yarra Flats after scaring the begeebers out of me... you just can't see it.

As I came down off the drop from the freeway near Bourke Road on my way home tonight, I hit the sealed section touching 45kph when I looked to see a massive Tiger snake stretched out across the whole concrete bike track in front of me. A bit like this clearer picture just to give you a bit of a shiver...


I had nowhere to go and such little time to react that for a fraction of a second I thought I was going to run straight over the top of her.

I just managed to hop in time and this is about what I saw as I flew over the top...


Okay - not quite, but she was rearing big time and I thought she was gunna hit me. Fair dinkum... I'm still re-swallowing my heart.

Thank God the Wedensday night boys have taught me how to bunny-hop.

Yep - welcome back to the Hoot of a Commute.


2.5hrs MTB - 30 seconds over MHR

.

No comments:

Post a Comment