Friday, February 25, 2011

Commuting on the Lynsky

Straight out from work last night. Straight into work this morning. First turn of the pedals since the horror of the Odysey.

Home tonight via Mt. Pleasant, Floods Roads, Warrandyte, etc., making the day about 80k. I had a taste of descending on the Lynsky today on just a few little hills. It feels really... really good. I liken it to the comparison between my FZ1 and the few good rides I've had on BMW GSs.

Stiff fast and twitchy compared to solid, smooth (still fast) and forgiving.

I have this horrible feeling I'll be able to ride this one downhill quicker than other bikes I've ridden.

Brenton - I'll beat you by even more.

1 comment:

  1. you have to beat me before you can beat me by even more you clown.

    haven't we been thru this before though? you've got an extra 28kg assisting you on downhills...still ive not seen u get to the bottom of the 1/20 faster :P

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy

    ReplyDelete