Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Rider's Guilt - 13/4/11

It was a big weekend last weekend and it's a long time since I've been that tired. I therefore freely allowed myself two rest days off the bike. Monday and Tuesday.

It's Wednesday today.

I thought about riding this morning and going long down to Two Bays. I slept like crap, rolled over when the alarm went off and went back to sleep.

I thought about going to Fatties tonight. I got tied up at work late but probably could have made it. But it was raining, it's cold, it's dark and my warm house is just far too comfortable.

OK - three rest days then, the last not so freely allowed. I have that riders guilt going on.

3 comments:

  1. You are way too hard on yourself. As a man of the cloth would you like me to prescribe some penance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nothing wrong with rest days mate; since Bright I've had three easy rides, today(Sat) off the bike. Back into tomorrow. Rest is good!!!!! Stormy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes - okay, you're both right but now it's been one cruise into work on the road bike in five days. Back up at Bright now and time to get back into it! Maybe an hour or so on the MTB cruising this arvo. Weather is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete